Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Blog Hosting and other Web Hosting topics.
The decision on whether to have a free blog hosting account, as opposed to a paid one, will be based on your individual circumstances and reasons for having the blog in the first place.
Reasons why you may want to stick with a free blog hosting account include:
- You decided to start your blog on a whim and don't plan to dedicate much time or energy to it.
- You are on a limited budget and would prefer not to pay for your blog hosting privileges.
- Your blog is still small and you would rather wait until you have more blogging experience before you “graduate” to a paid blog hosting account.
Reasons why you may want to switch to a paid blog hosting account:
- You're not satisfied with the service provided by free blog hosting companies.
- Many free blogs are ad-supported, and with a paid blog you can remove any unwanted ads.
- You use your blog to make money and therefore want a more “professional” option.
- The blog is for a group or team that you are a member of.
- You want more features than are provided by free blog hosting account.
- You want more control over the look, feel, and size of your blog.
If you feel that a free blog hosting account is good enough for your needs, chances are that it probably will suffice. Once you get the hang of blogging and are posting regularly, a paid blog hosting account will still be available if you feel you need to “upgrade”.