Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Choosing a Hosting Plan and other Web Hosting topics.
As a small group who plans to use a Website to promote an image to the outside world and allow members to communicate with other, you will likely have certain basic requirements for the type of hosting plan you purchase. The top 5 things to keep in mind when looking for a hosting plan for your small group are:
- First, your Website will probably be small and uncomplicated enough that you will be fine with a shared server plan.
- You may be able to find a good shared server hosting plan, with a good amount of space and bandwidth, for as little as $4 per month. However, check into each hosting plan carefully, as you may want certain features for your Website that will not be available with the most basic hosting plans.
- If you do not know how to build your own Website using a program like Microsoft FrontPage, and you do not have Website builder software on your computer, then you are going to need to make sure that your hosting plan comes with a Website builder.
- If you want each of your members to be able to create their own space within the Website, then you may want to consider finding a hosting plan that will allow you to host multiple domain names.
- You will see hosting plans with options, such as an SSL certificate, that you will have no use for unless you are allowing visitors to purchase items off of the Website or are accepting donations.
The most important thing for you to remember is that, if you want members to be able to communicate with each other on the Website, you will want to be sure that your hosting plan comes with a bulletin/message board and/or a chat room.