Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Choosing a Hosting Plan and other Web Hosting topics.
As an individual who is only using a Website for personal purposes, you will likely have very small requirements for the type of hosting plan you purchase. The top 5 things to keep in mind when looking for a hosting plan are:
- First, you will be fine with a shared server plan. There should be no need for you to purchase dedicated hosting.
- You may be able to find a good shared server hosting plan, with a good amount of space and bandwidth, for as little as $4 per month.
- If you do not know how to build your own Website using a program like Microsoft FrontPage, and you do not have Website builder software on your computer, then you are going to need to make sure that your hosting plan comes with a Website builder.
- You will likely not need a plan that hosts more than one domain name.
- You will see hosting plans with options such as an SSL certificate, Web analytics, and other things that are usually intended for those running a business online. These are things that you will have no use for.
The most important thing for you to remember is not to overpay for space or extras that you will never use. Even if you can find a “better” hosting plan, it is not worth it if you won't take full advantage of it.