Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Resell Hosting and other Web Hosting topics.
When you decide to get into the resell hosting game, you will need to learn how to market your products. There is a lot of competition out there and something has to set you apart from the rest. Ways to make yourself noticed by potential customers include:
- Creating eye-catching advertisements.
- Developing a memorable slogan.
- Offering the lowest market prices of any other resell hosting company.
- Offering a unique service or special product.
- Hosting a contest or raffle.
- Offering ad-free Web hosting to non-paying customers. Paying customers can receive extra services from the site OR you can allow everyone to have free Web hosting and make a profit by enticing users to pay for needed extras.
- Getting a top placement on major search engines for popular Web hosting keywords.
- Affiliating yourself with hosting related companies (I.e. SEO professionals, marketing companies) who will recommend your resell hosting service to their clients.
- Offering a quality service for a decent price.
- Utilizing resell hosting link/banner exchanges.
- Promoting your company link through thoughtful & regular postings on various message boards. As readers come to know and trust you, they will be likely to go to your website the next time they need a Web hosting solution.
- Create an opt-in E-zine featuring answers and solutions to common Web hosting/Internet/computer related questions. This will help you for the same reasons mentioned above.
- Buy ad space in other popular E-zines.
If you can make a commitment to at least a handful of these strategies, it should get your resell hosting business off to a good start. Just remember not to be discouraged if customers don't come pouring in right away, many of these methods take persistence and patience.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|